02 January 2014

Day 2/365: I got my iPad!

Zoe the Wonder Dog
This is my very first picture with my brand new Retina Mini, which came today!!!  I'm very pleased with how quickly it came! I had gotten an estimated arrival date of January 7th but got it five days earlier.  I'm having a blast with this thing.  Whether it's because it's a brand new gadget, or because it's just that awesome, remains to be seen.

I had also ordered a Smart Cover to go with it but unfortunately, it hasn't arrived yet.  It's ironic that an item coming from California is taking longer than my iPad coming from China.  Oh well.  Luckily, Amazon Prime came through for me and I have my Skinomi SkinTech, which is a clear protective film that I put on the iPad today, before I even turned it on.  I feel comfortable carrying my Mini around with only the Skinomi and no cover.  It's covered pretty well on both sides of the tablet so I'm not worried about scratches.  It's definitely not protected if I happen to drop the thing though.  And, the Smart Cover won't really help if I drop it, either.  The only thing with the Skinomi is how much I can see my fingerprints and smears all over it.  I imagine the actual screen wouldn't be quite so bad.

And this is the very first entry typed up with my new Anker bluetooth keyboard, on my new iPad!  Merry belated Christmas to me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment