15 January 2014

Day 15/365: Yummy delicious sardines


Sardine salad, anyone?

I've only recently begun my love affair with canned sardines.  They're wonderful little protein packets, filled with the oh-so-important Omega-3 fatty acids, but without the worry of high levels of mercury.  True, they probably are a bit fishy for the uninitiated.  If you don't like fishy things, you probably won't like canned sardines.  You probably don't like tuna, either, though I haven't done a direct comparison between the fishiness of canned tuna vs. the fishiness of canned sardines.  I personally prefer the savory goodness of sardines (which taste great with crackers, veggies, cottage cheese, etc.) over tuna, which is really only palatable (in my opinion) when mixed with mayo or some other such thing to make it less dry.  I think sardines taste better too.  If you were raised in a non-white bread American household and exposed to all manners of tastes and smells...sardines probably won't even make you blink an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment